Friday, October 3, 2008

"Rain down here..."

[By Sandra]

There are many "quotes" that I remember from Eric.  Dwayne mentioned a few in his talk at the funeral - such as, "I poofed you out" and "I won the war of 1974!"  Another I remember is actually a quote of Eric quoting Piet Baarda - the owner of the dairy farm where he worked.  He apparently shared his wisdom with Eric about how the weather works, and Eric found it amusing to quote him.  The saying went something like, "Rain down here, snow up there!"  "Snow down here, snow up there."  "Rain up there, rain down here." I just remember Eric laughing about the fact that Piet just went on and on about all the different permutations and the different ways it could work!  :-)

2 comments:

Jerome said...

I never heard these quotes directly, but the "poofed you out" one seemed to be retold in kind of a jingle: "I poofed you out. I poofed you out. I poofed you out ... agaaaaiiinnn!".

Anonymous said...

Yes, there was a little "song" that went with that one. "I won the war of 1974" also could be sung. And, I remember when 1974 was over, Eric was sad that he couldn't use that expression anymore, so he started looking forward to 1978 when he would be able to say, "I won the debate of 1978!"

Sandra